UK Working Holiday Visa (UK Youth Mobility Visa - Tier 5)
The UK working holiday visa or ‘UK Youth Mobility Visa' as it is currently known, allows young people aged between 18 and 30 years old to live in the UK for up to 2 years and to take up permanent or casual employment to help fund their stay.
To be eligible for a United Kingdom Working Holiday Visa under the new UK Youth Mobility Scheme you must also fit the following criteria:
- You must have a passport from Australia, Canada, Japan or New Zealand Please note that Visa First currently only organises visas for Australia, New Zealand and Canadian citizens.
- You must not have any dependent children.
- You must not have held a UK Working Holiday Visa or Youth Mobility Visa before.
- You must declare any criminal convictions - some may result in ineligibility.
- You must not set up your own business or provide services as a professional sportsperson or a doctor in training while in the UK.
- If you are married, your spouse is no longer required to travel with you. Although spouses/partners of UK YMS participants may not enter the United Kingdom as dependants, they may enter if they qualify and obtain the YMS visa, or qualify for a different visa.
Visa Work Conditions
The new UK Youth Mobility Visa is valid for two years and you are allowed to work for the full two years that your visa is valid for, however you cannot provide services as a professional sportsperson, doctor in training or be self-employed.
Visa First have over 10 years experience processing working holiday visas. Over 40% of visas are refused due to application error. We have a 100% success rate. If you are looking to book a UK Youth Mobility Visa or to receive any information on living and working in the UK contact our team below: